Friday, June 24, 2011

Excalibur....

Excalibur 3900 Deluxe Series 9 Tray Food Dehydrator - Black

I did it, I purchased the Excalibur Dehydrator from Amazon today.

Excalibur 3900 Deluxe Series 9 Tray Food Dehydrator - Black


I also purchased the sheets to make fruit leathers and roll-ups.

Pack of 9 Premium 14" x 14" Non-Stick Dehydrator Sheets- For Excalibur 2500, 3500, 2900 or 3900


Now I just need to plan what I want to make, I do know Jerky will be on that list - right near the top.  I will no longer need to dry my jerky in batches.  I might also offer to dehydrate for friends and neighbors, for the cost of the electricity. (we'll see when Hunting season starts)

I purchased a mandoline slicer so I can work through the veggies faster and get even slices for drying.
Swissmar Borner V-1001 V-Slicer Plus Mandoline 6 Piece Set


I used the mandoline last night and made "skinny fries"  I used the julliene blade to cut the potato up and fried them in a deep fryer... they were delicious.
I have a tiny little Fry Daddy, I purchased several years ago...  Presto 05420 FryDaddy Electric Deep Fryer



No comments: