Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spring

Spring has sprung, finally - well I'm not seeing any green shoots yet, but it will be soon.  

Some flower bulbs I planted last year came up this year, I can't wait to see the flowers - I believe they were orange and purple.

I've started a few veggies, but I need to wait a little longer, I can only put them out in the garden toward the end of May - so I don't want to start too soon.
I have some interesting seeds coming from Baker Seeds... Rainbow Corn, Blue podded peas, Purple Beans and Purple Cauliflower.  Can't wait to see those fully grown.

I'm thinking about buying a pressure canner, much as I'd love an "All American" I think the "Presto" is more my price range.


I do have the book "Putting food By" and have been reading it on and off for a year or so. 
Putting Food By (Plume)  Lots of handy tips, and it seems pretty straight forward and easy to understand, there are even a few recipe's I might like to try. 
I'm not much into making jams and jelly's - but canning veggies would be really handy to be able to do.  
Next check I get - I'm getting the presto and a canning kit.

No comments: